Monday, April 21, 2008

Good news!

This morning I found out that I got a grant from the Nebraska Arts Council. I received the "Distinguished Artist Award" and will be receiving $5,000. That was a great way to start a Monday morning. I wish that happened every week!

It's not officially announced yet, but they said they will putting out a press release I think sometime this week. I can't remember the exact details, as I was still in shock from the news. I'll post with any new updates, but I wanted to share the good news.

I think I am going to put a portion of the money towards a short film that I want to make here in Omaha this summer. Now I just have to finish writing it and start planning!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats! It sounds like you are really doing a lot. That's awesome. I never knew there were so many opportunities in Omaha.You Go!!!

Carol T said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting and I'm sure that you will put it to very good use! We will look forward to seeing the short film when it's done which I'm sure will be great!

barb said...

WOW...Lin's, How wonderful the people of Omaha have already discovered what we have know for many years... how fabulous you are!I'm so proud of you as it is well deserved! Love to you and all your family Aunt Barb

Angela said...

One day, I'll be interviewed as your cousin and I'll say, well I guess I always thought she had the potential to be one of the most famous people in the film industry, but its different now that she actually is.
Congrats!