Sunday, July 13, 2008

Nice contributions!

Thanks to Paula & Larry, Dawn & Heather,Angela, Deb, Amanda and Diane & George for their recent posts. I'm sure we'd all agree that we miss each other and it's nice to feel like we're a little more in tune with what's going on with everyone. The pictures are great & help us feel like we're a little closer to each other. For example, Jal is now a boat driver, Dawn is now a camper and Brian & Patrick are now bocci ball players. :-)
With our new additions coming, we may not be able to hold them in our arms but seeing pictures would be great! Let's keep it up so as Diane & George told me, I can stay off your backs now. Evidently, Lindsay is the good cop & I'm the bad cop so let's all keep in touch to prevent further scoldings! :-)
Hope all the soon-to-be-mothers are doing well. Amanda looks great, but I'm not going back over there until her belly is as big as mine, so remember girl, you're eating for two. Or, as Brian said, I could just wear looser fitting shirts.
I missed my calling as a film critic, as I've been watching lots of movies lately (3 I borrowed from Amanda) & my couple a month from NetFlix...The Usual Suspects (one of my top ten) was on TV the other night. A suggestion for anyone that wants a great movie that will make you laugh, make you cry & is very touching w/ excellent acting is I Am Sam w/ Sean Penn and Dakota Fanning and an all-Beatles soundtrack. I have also read 4 books in the last two weeks, a couple of mysteries & an interesting autobiography by George Tenet, the former head of the CIA...Paula, I bet you'd like it.
Lindsay has been at the cottage in Wis so I'll let her tell us how it was but they are having a great time. She stays so busy, I know it's nice when her toughest decision of the day is whether to go jet-skiing or tubing. I was disappointed to hear that Hancock went from a one stoplight town to a stop sign. What is happening to our big cities?
Anyway, hope you all are doing well & love you all!
Patrick

No comments: