Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Finals are almost over!

Well, The most exciting adventures I have had lately is working at the Behavioral Health unit, or the Mental Health unit, at the hospital here, for school. I figured out the theme of my existence there when talking to patients: don't look scared and don't look shocked (I repeated it over and over in my head). One guy talking about trying to kill two guys and he was actually excited, telling me about how they screamed. Scary! Then a lady who, on interview, admitted she hears voices and they tell her to do bad things. My next question was, when do you hear them. She tilted her head and paused and responded, I am hearing them right now. (In my head I was thinking, please don't let them be telling you to kill me, and, maybe I could run really fast) but I responded with, and what are these voices telling you? They were telling her exactly how to kill herself, so I moved from being terrified, to being sad.
Now with the classroom! I still have one final left but I'm already at an 89% so I'll be good. I have an A in my other class but my Advanced Med-surg is the most exciting news. That class is so hard. The tests, even our clinical instructor at the hospital could not answer the questions, and if you get a 75% which is the minimum to pass, you are thrilled. In fact, if you get a 60% you are pretty excited. Everybody needed to do well on the final to pass the class. And the next day, after a final from another class, we all waited in a room for our number to come up, to go to his office and see if we had passed. 5 people did not pass and have to repeat the semester, which is really sad because we have all become so close. We usually lose one or two but five is a lot. I however, passed with a B and really, for this class, I would have been elated if I passed with a 75%, so when he said, "B" I was happy enough that I forgot to even ask him what I got on the final, so I don't even know my exact grade. I'll ask next time I see him just out of curiosity.

Okay, last thing. I am so excited about having 2 sisters pregnant at the same time! I know Cheryl already posted the name, and Ashley's baby will be Sophia Giselle (not sure how they are spelling them but I think I have it right). So I will have 7 nieces and nephews. Crazy! But very cool.
Love you guys, Ang.

No comments: