Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New house

Well, I am officially a homeowner as of today (at least verbally, I still have some papers to sign). I'm really excited. It was only recently decided that I would look for a house to own rather than to rent, but it made sense with the real estate market and how much more affordable places are here in Omaha (especially compared to L.A.!). I got the house that was my definite favorite, so I'm very happy and still quite shocked. I like the city a lot and plan to be here for at least a few years since there's a lot going on here at the moment and then who knows...I never expected to buy a house in Omaha, Nebraska so I won't try to predict the future.

The house is within walking distance of the downtown of a neighborhood in Omaha called Benson which is an older, small town area but is starting to be revitalized. Benson has some places that I already visit a lot, like two music venues, a bake shop, coffee shop, pizza place and art gallery/boutique stationary shop Pulp. And it's a short drive to downtown.

Anyway, here are a few photos from the house.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to come visit!




5 comments:

Brian said...

That's great news, Lindsay! How tired is your hand from signing all 200 pieces of paper?
The house looks very nice, and looks to be a good size for you to handle.
So what are the specs on it? Square footage - 1100?
Bedrooms - 3?
Baths - 1.5?
Hardwood floors?
You know, the important stuff to the guys that read these posts!! :-)

Congrats on being a homeowner!

Amanda said...

Beautiful house! Congratulations.
I'm surprised Brian didn't ask whether it has stainless steel appliances (does it? :)

Lindsay said...

Thanks, guys!

Wow Brian, I am impressed with your eye for real estate! You've obviously had some experience.

You were really close:

1285 finished square footage
3 Bedrooms (4 if you include the finished room in the basement, but I think the drums will go there)
2 Baths
Hardwood floors except in the room upstairs, but I'm taking the carpet out
No stainless steel appliances (I wish!), but
appliances and washer and dryer did come with it. My first washer and dryer!

Carol T said...

That is so exciting! It sounds like it is in a great location! I'll look forward to more pictures when you get your furniture, etc. in there. Congratulations!

KLA said...

Wow Linds, it's so cute!!!