Monday, September 22, 2008

These are the Monkisms of our Lives

Since Carol doesn't mind me kidding her about her "Monkisms" here are some examples & a few of my fau paus...evidently, some guy keeps coming in to our kitchen & moving the foot pedal trash can back a few inches at a time but we haven't caught him yet. My paper dixie cups didn't match the bathroom decor so we've hidden them in the cabinet below. So far I put dirty dishes in with the clean ones and trying to be helpful one morning, unloaded & put away a full load of dirty dishes. So, our next purchase is going to be a Clean/Dirty sign so I don't screw up again! I've only broken one dish so far so that's not too bad for me. Carol had showered & when she came out, I had broken the dish & unloaded the dirty dishes so she asked if next time, would I please just stay in my chair till she got out? :-) I've only had to return 2 or 3 items that I bought the wrong kind so I'm learning. But, you don't know what pressure is until you've had to pick out apples for Carol...I could have eaten one or two by the time I found 4 that had no bruises or marks whatsoever. As I was putting away the Derby glasses, I started to panic..thinking not only do they have to face the same way but I'll bet she arranges them by year. As I'm doing my sodoku puzzles & talking numbers to myself, Carol said "just let me know if I'm supposed to answer". I am getting up early every morning (around 6:30) & going to bed much earlier than I used to...so Carol says, at least Mom could stay up & she was in her eighties!
But in all seriousness, we are getting along great I love it out here & as you can tell we can kid each other about both of our idiosyncracies. Hope all is well with all & love you.
Patrick & Carol

No comments: